Tuesday, August 1, 2017

August 2017- Anything Goes challenge

Hello everyone!1!!! 

Thank you so much for playing along with the 'Birthday Challenge' in July!


Here is the August  challenge!
It's 'Anything Goes'..so let your creative juices flow!!



HOW TO PLAY

Make a card or tag using the theme given. 
Take a photo of your creation and link it up below.
If you have a blog, write a post about our challenge and link it back to our challenge, including photos of your card or tag.
Please display this storyboard prominently in your blog post so that others may be inspired to play.

ALSO, please display this logo prominently on the sidebar of your blog so that others may join us.


FOLLOW/JOIN  THIS BLOG
 FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM AND TAG YOUR SUBMISSIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITH THE TAG
#PCMCHALLENGES

If you don't have a blog, post your photos on social media and TAG them with #PCMCHALLENGES
If you don't tag them, we will not see them on social media.

Link your blogpost/social media post to the linky below.


Now for some inspiration...

Last week i received my DT pack from Craftangles. It was packed with gorgeous foils and stamps and fabulous cardstock. So, I decided to use these fabulous supplies to make my inspiration cards this month!


This card is super simple. I used the printout that came in my DT pack and used it with the Craftangles gold foil, through my laminator. I matted the card using the newly released Craftangles cardstock..beautiful colours and fabulous quality!
I finished the card with some of Craftangles matching sequins.





I just love how this tag turned out!
I used the Craftangles 'dots' stencil for the background on the die cut tag.
The image is from the newly released 'Girl in the rain' stamp set from Craftangles.
I then die cut the hugs using the Winnie and Walter hugs die, from a sheet of black toner paper.
I then foiled the die cut using the Craftangles turquoise foil.
I finished it off with some Mayarts jute twine.

To inspire you some more, I have the awesome stamp designer
Sandy Boone
of
Three Room Studio
with me today as Guest designer.


Hello!
I am so honoured that Paru has invited me to be the Guest Designer for this month's 
'Anything goes' Challenge!
The possibilities are endless with a prompt like that, but when I thought of the word GO, i immediately thougt of the open road. I really enjoyed creating my card and tag,
and I hope they make you smile too.

I have been dabbling in cardmaking since about 2008. I was mainly a watercolourist, but it wasn't until my husband gave me 12 Copic markers for my birthday in 2014 that things got serious and I became obsessed with colouring and making cards.

I've always doodled and drawn, and I enjoy adding a lot of my own elements to my cards, so in 2015 I started designing my own line of stamps, Three Room Studio Stamps, which I sell in my Etsy shop.

I live in Saskatoon, saskatchewan (yes, those are real words) in Canada, with my wonderful and long-suffering husband/enabler and our furry prince, Rico.

You can find me mostly on Instagram, where cardmaking has enabled me to make new friends from all over the world. I love this community of kind and supportive people and challenges like Paru's which always awe and inspire, and enable us to learn, practice, improve our skills and most importantly encourage one another.

To make my card and tag, I used Three Room Studio 'Wind in Your Fur' stamp set, stamped with 
Simon Says Stamp Intense black Ink, and coloured the images and background with Copic markers. I fussy cut the goggles and card mirrors and rmbossed them with Hero Arts fine detail clear embossing powder and Versamark embossing ink to give them some shine and interest.



The goggles I adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte, and the mirrors are popped up on some foam adhesive to create some depth.







 I used Simon Says Stamp 'Stitched Rectangle' dies to create the frame, and also popped that up on foam adhesive to create a frame around the entire image.

The sentiments were stamped in Versafine Onyx black ink and 
clear embossing powder to deepen the black colour.

***

I just love Sandy's unique work..I hope you have been inspired to play along!

THE PRIZES
As always we have some awesome sponsors!!

We have a prize from

Rainbow Craftykari





And a $20 gift certificate from 






The winner will be announced on the 28th of August, so don't forget to stop by!

Please link up your creations below.

To be eligible to win a prize, please follow all the instructions carefully...
you will find them above and in under 'how to play' in the right sidebar.


Thanks so much for stopping by...
Have a great day and have lots of fun!!

Paru Mahtani




5 comments:

  1. I loved your card n tag Paru ! Sandy your cards made me me smile wide :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What elegant cards you created Paru and Sandy your card is tooo cute! Love that doggy! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your cards Paru. I don't have a laminator, but I would love to save money to buy it now! Sarah's cards are so fabulous.. the winding road.. Wow! The opened jaw looks so real.. Am really amazed at her skills! So much to learn from you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for your sweet comments. Foiling is super fun..craftangles foils are really cheap and the laminator really costs only as much as one stamp set. It is the most worthwhile investment.
      Enjoy the crafting journey!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!